The chronicles of Alpha Testing

Comments

• I was recently reminded of Glitch when someone mentioned the Glitch image in Slack, which made me want to check on these games again. How lovely to see all the images from the Alpha testers!
  • Until now, we hadn’t seen any foxes in 6 yrs. So in all the time I’ve been here, the rangers basically kidnap you and don’t let you leave because you don’t have a license or a brush etc.

But now at one location, the foxes are being tested. You can light bait.

And the fox appears, although looks a bit low on the screen.

I wasn’t a huge fan of getting these badges, but nice to drag the brush out once again to grab some fiber.
  • where is this?
  • edited March 2019
    Oh oh oh!! I have been trying for foxes since forever. I have got through tons of bait but not a sniff. So glad if they are really back!!

edited for excitement and comment!
    Hooray, hooray! I have brushed a fox again! I had nearly forgotten how to do it, but got a badge for three brushes in ten seconds, so it soon came back!
    Agree that the fox seemed rather low down, but they did vary. Also, I may be misremembering this, but weren't some of them behind the bushes, etc.? I seem to remember waiting for them to appear in the gaps, but they were not all the same.
    Whatever, it is brilliant to have them back, even if only one. He will be brushed to death poor thing! ;-)
  • @artoo Byssus Park in Cauda.
  • Some time ago there was a resources list of everything....trees, rocks, jellisac etc and where they all were. Think it might have been from Glitch era. I swore I had it bookmarked but can't find it.....anyone got the link?
  • edited March 2019
  • Yaaaaas that's it! Thanks so much @snarkle - I promise I've got it bookmarked this time!
  • Wow, love all the pictures. Any new updates especially with all the new Alphas recently?  Game looks great!
  • edited October 2019
    A room with ocean-themed decorations, including  giant clam bed with a crystal ball for the pearl.

My fishy room is nearly complete but probably needs something. I'm not sure what.
  • I just remembered I used to have a fish themed room just like that! I can't wait to decorate again! :)
  • Wow... I don't even recognize a lot of stuff in these screenshots. I apparently left the game before a ton of content hit.
  • @Zinfidel They released a TON of content right at the end, too, so that people could experience it before they closed.
  • So great to see these shots - thanks for posting them!
  • Love the shots! Keep posting :) It helps hold us over while we wait to get access haha
  • aaw love all these pics and missing Glitch ! Cannot wait to get into alpha testing!
  • I've been chasing the Glitch dragon for so long now this thread just gives me the warm and fuzzies so much.
  • this is giving me so much nostalgia!!
  • Hawkwell's completed house in 11. Reconstructed as closely as possible to reproduce my house from a snap near the end of days in Glitch. Some day I hope to have my real Hawkwell avatar back!

• @Hawkwell   - what am I missing - how do you access the second floor? 
  • The bookcase is a 'secret' door. It's one of the options when you customise a door. That's why there's a double bookcase (two singles actually) on the middle floor - one up, one down.
  • Nice - didn't remember that :)
  • Nice house Hawkwell! Thanks for sharing.  Look forward to when we all are back in Ur and able to build our own houses again. 
  • edited November 2020
    How did we all forget about posting photos to this thread for so long? I love this thread! I'm resurrecting this thread because I want to see more player photos again, and also because I wanted to make sure I remembered to brag about my Lematorium while I still could.  :)

During this entire reset, I have devoted myself to Lem and his teachings. This is a photo of my Lematorium, taken almost exactly two years ago:

And this is what that same floor looks like now: 

I found some of the Lemblems to make all those icons out in the world, and I got a bunch as gifts from other players. I also donated to Lem, a lot. Lem is very hungry, and it takes about 150 yellowcrumb essences with EHSP to feed him, these days.

• that. is. a WILD amount of emblems and favor, you've made lem so hungry!
  • edited July 2021
    So I’m playing with the pickle, as one does…

And it transports me straight to hell alive and bouncy:

• Wait, What?  OMG!!
  • how did we get up there in the olden times @snarkle? i have pictures of me on various hell platforms, but i can't for the life of me remember what the secret was. can't spinach, can't levitate. still, hell is nice this time of year.