How did you find out about Eleven?

2»

Comments

• @Koami I loved the wardrobe feature too. I think my fave thing was decorating my house and making new furniture though. Your guess is as good as mine on when it will be done. I been sticking to Facebook and Twitter just in case they decide to post any updates :)
  • "Wishful thinking - I googled for "Glitch game remake"."

ME TOO!
  • Facebook, Ur group :) Well that and I googled Glitch every few weeks and found an article about Eleven. I Missed you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I am glad to know I am not the only one thinking about this beloved game long after it shut down. I am glad it is coming back :)
  • In one of my more somber moods, I rechecked the group Facebook, and saw that they were talking about a Glitch remake. Excited as ever, I hopped on Google and lo and behold, here I am!
  • I belong to a Facebook group....mostly ex FS and Glitchen players (such as myself) that announced the game was in remake. So excited! Congratulations on bringing this beloved game back to life and I look forward to joining in to the future fun.
  • I wanted to play really bad one day so instead I decided to look for glitch shirts or beanies with the giants on it (I personally want a cosma beanie) so I googled Eleven Giants and here I am!
  • Ladyceres told me about it one day and I was immidiately curious :)
  • edited January 2015
    first heard of it from fellow glitches scattered around in the web
    the google group, the ones in nationstates
    but the first time i came there was nothing to see
    found it again today once reading it mentioned on the gaming site ign (which surprised me a bit, the glitch community receiving such attention? feels too unreal)
  • Hey hey, gen-1 Glitchen! A friend of mine turned me on to all things Glitch/Eleven and I can't wait to join the fun as a gen-2 (hey! prime number!). Perhaps the most compelling feature of Glitch (as advertised to me) is that it embodies that most elusive and increasingly rare of MMO elements: fun. Can't wait.
  • My husband stumbled over a mention in one of his forums. I've missed Glitch!
  • @Velley I can picture the scenario on how happy you were when he stumbled upon it almost like this:

Your Husband: Honey Glitch is coming back!
    You: *does a backflip into the room multiple times over the news and pinches self to make sure you are not dreaming*

:P
  • I have been following it since the beginning I think. I belong to a few Glitchy Groups at FB and G+. I have also been playing at CoU to get my Glitch fix. For a few months now I have had computer problems though and have not been at CoU in a while. I look forward to playing Eleven!
  • Last January I had the crazy idea of "Hey, I could probably code up a MUD based on glitch," because glitch offered such great frivolity and community, while largely lacking in violence without lacking in coded depth for activities, a combination very missing from the MUD world (they're either typically largely or exclusively, or entirely made of code-less emoted roleplay fluff). How was that for a run-on sentence? Anyway, I couldn't remember some pretty basic stuff, like how many eggs you got from an egg tree without any skill, so I started searching to see if I could get help from stuff that other people posted while the game was live. Then, I learned that the assets had been released and people were working away to bring back full-fledged glitch. I've been following this project and CoU ever since (largely via RSS).

I still dream of making a MUD with the Glitch code (when I have vastly more time than what I have now), because Glitch was (and Eleven is / will be) a wonderful game that I can only describe as frabjous, and it would fill an empty niche in the VI gaming world.
  • I contacted Slack, Tiny Speck's new project I think, and asked if they had any plans for glitch now. They directed me to here and children of Ur, childrenofur.com, and I tested that out and was wondering what this was like, and, woolah! Now I'm here!
  • I have been waiting for this. When Glitch closed several of us started a fb group. The group has been pretty active. Some of the Ur refugees have drifted in and out of other mmo's. We have been watching Eleven for a long time. I just want you to know I have exerienced closure. I will always invest some reality $$ for virtual entertainment. I am spreading the word to all the Glitchen I know. I have chosen to keep my Glitchen name when playing in other mmo's and used my Glitchen skin pic for profile. It is amazing how many people recognize Glitch and meassage me in game. I have roamed in the wilderness and am ready for the promise land!
  • @Kassutera what about the chickens and KFC? nothing can top that
  • @BoxySister Yeah those jokes are great as well but I think my fave are still the butterflies only because they have that mean sarcasm thing going and I find it funny lol
  • I was chatting with someone in another game and she told me about it. i'm all excited.
  • I just searched up Glitch for the feels and then... OMG REBOOT WAT!!?!?!?
  • Facebook. There at the end, a bunch of people put up links to other places we could meet and other ways to stay in contact and I signed up for everything I could.
  • The Facebook group Ur - What Remains
  • I just posted in the Facebook group Ur - What Remains. We should be getting a few more people. Even if we only got one, the effort was worth it as far as I am concerned. Every Glitchen counts! :D
  • I posted a very long time ago on the Facebook page of Ur-What Remains as I am a part of that group. Even mailed the creator of the page. There has not been much activity on it at the time I posted but when I found out I posted about it. I also raided youtube videos as well :P lol
  • same as SoyMokey -- The Facebook group: Ur - What Remains
  • I think I saw tweets, forgot about it for a few months, then saw some more tweets and checked it out. Nice to see progress being made.
  • Hmm, how did I hear about it... I've stalked the Glitch website many times since it went down and something led me to this and a couple of the other projects! This one seemed the most ambitious and most likely to be successful and happened to be run or contributed to by several old friends ;) So I sent an email and promptly forgot about it, as it seemed they were very far off from a playable game! But now the forums are here and an alpha opportunity is there somewhere on the horizon, here I am : ) Eager as a beaver.

~Liza Throttlebottom~