Who here was from Deepworld?

Hey Glitchen! I'm new to this community, as I had not heard of this game before it closed, but I have heard great things about this game on the Deepworld forums, particularly from @Sirentist, who I gather was a very avid Glitchen. Since I regard Deepworld as my "home" MMO (as I'm sure many of you do with Glitch), I thought it'd be nice to find who here was at some point or another a player of Deepworld to any extent. I've found some players through a quick forums search, but it'd be really helpful if you'd comment below if you were a former player, as well as saying your Forum and IG name for Deepworld.
So far, I've found @DaMorlock, @Steve777, @"Lyrical Dejavu", @ipads, @Outofthelyric, @toadlover, @ladyceres, @justin, and @Guardofthedragon, and I'll update this page as I find more.

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Sorry, I'm not a Deepworld player (yet)...but as a FaunaSphere refugee to Glitch, and now a Glitch refugee to Eleven, I love that the Deepworld folks are gathering to wait at the doors of Eleven (even if you aren't really "refugees" -- ie, your game isn't closing)! Welcome! I hope all the Deepworld players have a great time in the game when it is opened to more players. And given so many of you have shown up here, I just might have to check out Deepworlds, myself...oooh, steampunk and crafting...interesting...

Though I do hope that @Outofthelyric gets plenty of potatoes when the game is opened further...just saying...we like to focus on those things that are "memorable" for other players -- mwah ha ha ha ha :) (let me just say, at least it's not gnomes, like another virtual friend of mine...right Dagnabbit Rabbit?! (has she even made it over here yet?))

Hopefully, when the game is expanded, we'll have groups again, and all the Deepworld players will be able to hang out together here as well as in your MMO 'home' world. But for now...welcome! I hope you all find each other because it's truly awesome having an automatic set of friends in any new game as I and many others well know from the FaunaSphere migration.

We hope you find it absolutely preposterous, yet kinda like it... :)
  • Why are you talking about Deepworld in the past tense?

@b3achy - I really wouldn't. The atmosphere is horrible. Aside from obvious reasons why I don't have time to play anymore, it's not a very nice place to be unless you ignore almost all the players. The devs are doing their best to reclaim some semblance of sanity, and I like them as people very much, but the community is in a horrific state. I only say this here because it's the absolute truth, and pretty much anyone close to the matter knows it.
  • edited April 2015
    @b3achy, I am kind of a refugee. The old Deepworld was an amazing place with a great community of players who constantly worked together to help each other out. I honestly liked the community more than the game, so I spent the vast majority of time with others rather than playing the actual game. However, it recently seems like the community has begun to degrade more and more. At first it was only In-Game, so the more respectful and kind players fled to the forums, but more and more trolls are beginning to poison that area, and it's getting to the point where it isn't even fun to go on. I used to check the forums multiple times per day, but recently I've been checking only once a month or so. Deepworld was probably my favorite game of all time, but to me, Deepworld, or at least the Deepworld I knew, is dead, and has been replaced by a shadow of its former self. As much as I loathe to say it, I would not recommend playing this game to anyone because no one deserves to have their impression of this game tarnished by its current state. To me, this is more painful than having it shut down, knowing that it's still there but the best part about it is gone.

Also, @ladyceres, I truly hope you don't include me in the majority of players, as I have tried my hardest to be a good member of the community from day one. If you do, I am sorry to have offended you in any way.

ETA: The community has been improving, at least on the forums, since the main admin got back from maternity leave, but knowing how far people I once respected as kind and responsible players could fall made the game lose its spark for me.

ETA2: Grammar
  • @Rockster514, unless you changed your name, I have no memory of you being a poor member of the community. I wasn't trying to insinuate that at all. Ironically, when you posted this, I was briefly visiting Deepworld for the first time in over a month and walked in on one of the most horrible and psychotic conversations I think I've ever witnessed in the game. It was so depressing.
  • edited April 2015
    @Rockster514 and @ladyceres - bummer to hear about the game community. It looks like a really cute game - one that I'd probably like to play.

I totally understand how depressing that can be when the community tanks the game. In Faunasphere, our community tanked when they went to Facebook and we got a bunch of immature beggars who couldn't be bothered to learn how to play the game and get resources on their own...and they would stalk you in certain areas of the game. The players tried their best to start to manage the situation once people figured out the problem, but it was never the same.

We had our share of grievers in Glitch, but I have to say, I was always impressed how the community handled them, and when it did get out of hand, the devs came to the rescue (that's why we have the ability to block people from our home streets where the most destruction can occur). I still remember the story of the devs taking the person out of the game to the instanced jail/interrogation area for picking up ALL the food at a party many times after being told not to take everything (could have sworn there was a video of it somewhere online, but couldn't find it). There are homages to the interrogation room in the game with some of the "You are here because you are bad" signs in some of the game locations like Doolshe Teff and Upside Down.

Maybe we need some new terminology...those of us that lost our games are really orphans, and those that are fleeing a game, for whatever reason, are the real refugees. Either way, all are welcome, and we look forward to you building a happier and cooperative community here. Hope you find more of your fellow players and they also feel welcome to our growing community. {{{Big Emo-Bear Hugs}}}
  • edited April 2015
    @ladyceres was that conversation in game? I have no idea how that end is holding up because I haven't been on in game for about three months, but the forums seem to be improving from the "dark ages".

@b3eachy sounds great, I can't wait to be part of a positive community again! Also, since this is in the off topic section already, could you explain the "{{{Big Emo-Bear Hugs}}}" thing? I feel it has a funny story behind it.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't realize the off topics appeared on the home page, since they don't in Deepworld.
    Edit 2: changed "wholesome" to "positive"
  • Dude, I can explain!

There was a bug that meant that when you dropped your emo-bear (the item that lets you perform actions like hug, kiss, and moon to other players) it was the wrong size and was also floating. Players had a lot of fun with it and we all fondly remember that time!

I will try to hunt up some snaps later.
  • edited April 2015
    @Rockster514 - sorry to derail your thread...

@"Scarlett Bearsdale" - actually I didn't think of that until after I posted. I was just thinking it sounded like the Deepworld players really needed some Big Bear Hugs. Nothing more depressing than having a MMO you love go down the tubes due to trolls, etc. However, since we use emo-bears to give hugs in game, I figured it would be more Eleven-ish to give some big Emo bear hugs...but since you suggested big emo bear pictures...

"Big Emo Bear" - old snap from Glitch when they had a 'floating' problem (though I think mine had too much hooch) -
    (Though I'd love to see your pictures too, Scarlett)

Mmm, and Rockster514, not sure I'd say this game is completely 'wholesome'. We definitely have a positive community, but there are plenty of innuendo, double entendre, and some flat out juvenile humor in the game. Be prepared for a lot of 'dong' humor. Just saying...
  • @b3achy, that was probably a bad choice of words on my part. Your "positive" is much more on-target with what I meant. Also, don't feel bad about derailing my thread, it's much more interesting this way!
  • edited April 2015
    Deepworld honestly is bad. But there is no real incentive for people to cooperate in fact theres a very competitive nature to it and i think thats contributed to the downfall. Competeition is fine but i think its highly competitive not just simply competitive. Anyhow when i am on there i pretty much just collect stuff and build, nothing else

And Glitch / Eleven is FULL of innuendo and puns, amongst other things, such as buff for running around in the buff, or that your ingame pics if your char is drunk, come out blurry. Its full of silly things but a lot is more adult in nature. However the community was alwasy great, and something about it encouraged cooperation moreso than competetion. I do think competetion has a place but not in excess
  • "Sorry, I'm not a Deepworld player (yet)...but as a FaunaSphere refugee to Glitch, and now a Glitch refugee to Eleven, I love that the Deepworld folks are gathering to wait at the doors of Eleven (even if you aren't really "refugees" -- ie, your game isn't closing)! Welcome! I hope all the Deepworld players have a great time in the game when it is opened to more players. And given so many of you have shown up here, I just might have to check out Deepworlds, myself...oooh, steampunk and crafting...interesting...

Though I do hope that @Outofthelyric gets plenty of potatoes when the game is opened further...just saying...we like to focus on those things that are "memorable" for other players -- mwah ha ha ha ha :) (let me just say, at least it's not gnomes, like another virtual friend of mine...right Dagnabbit Rabbit?! (has she even made it over here yet?))

Hopefully, when the game is expanded, we'll have groups again, and all the Deepworld players will be able to hang out together here as well as in your MMO 'home' world. But for now...welcome! I hope you all find each other because it's truly awesome having an automatic set of friends in any new game as I and many others well know from the FaunaSphere migration.

We hope you find it absolutely preposterous, yet kinda like it... :)"

(I will gut every patato I find.)
    I honestly can say that the deepworld community is currently bleeding out.
    We keep losing people that are "Off Age" and we keep getting underaged kids,
    which is why I want to thank this community for accepting us,
    it appears 9 year olds have not taken over this project,
  • Yo m8's Koolio is in the house!