Irie is in the hospital

Some of you may remember my wife Irie from the old beta days. She’s now in the hospital with Covid and it looks really bad; she is full code and very critical. The doctor called her prognosis “guarded”. Please, if you see this, keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

Comments

• Her real name is Betty.
  • How is Betty?   How are You doing?   

Berean@socal.rr.com   

Praying for you <3
  • I'm keeping you and Betty in my thoughts.
  • The news is that she had Covid, then she had a stroke. They don’t know how bad it is and she’s not all the way back yet, but she’s improving at least. Still haven’t been able to talk to her yet, but I’m on the phone with the hospital multiple times a day, and things are getting better.
  • My fingers are crossed that she continues to get better. <3 <3
  • Sending love <3
  • Any updates?  I do remember Irie...  I hope all is well.
  • She's back home now; she was in the hospital for nine months, six of them therapy and rehabilitation. The original hospital induced both a hemorrhage and a stroke bcz they weren't paying attention to her INR and gave her a bunch of blood thinners she didn't need, then just cut them off instead of reducing them so she ended up with a stroke. She's home now, but she has a lot of anxiety and short-term memory problems.
  • Hopefully she can recover quickly now she's back home. Sending support <3
  • I'm sending Betty and you good thoughts.
  • I appreciate the warm wishes. Things have been pretty difficult for us for the last year, and while I'm trying to stay hopeful, things aren't really getting any easier. I can't work anymore bcz she needs somebody around in case something happens so money is extremely tight, her kids disappeared as soon as she got home bcz they didn't want to have to help her or anybody else out, and while I've been assured that we have a pretty good case for malpractice, that's as far as I can get lawyers to look into it. On top of that her rehab hospital tried to shake us down over her (still pending) disability by siccing adult protective services on us; there isn't anything for them to sink their teeth into, but her former SS caseworker keeps calling them bcz if she gets forced into assisted living, they can sponge off any still-theoretical money she makes- they're mad at me bcz I didn't go along with assisted living, so they've repeatedly threatened me with jail for adult neglect despite nothing of the sort happening, and no matter how many times APS closes a case, the hospital and caseworker keep making new reports (even though nobody involved has any access to us). Over a couple hundred bucks a month. It's borderline harassment. I'm just very worn down and there isn't really anybody around to help out, but I'm keeping on.