Glitch Forever Wiki

Short Version: We have a wiki! Glitch Forever Wiki is an amalgam of the old Glitch-Strategy wiki database and pieces added from the Wayback Machine.

I'm managing it with help from Ladyceres and Varaeth, and probably more admins as we go along. Eventually there'll be a blog and such; right now, that side of the site is pretty empty; we wanted to get the wiki functional before the upcoming Zilloween. ... And more. It's weakest on locations right now - the old wiki database only had the original Groddle Isle and a few other regions.

Feel free to contact me, here or by leaving a note on my discussion page at the wiki!

Comments

• Kermit flail!
  • Maybe to add to wiki, but I'd like confirmation, the quest trigger for It's Educational might be the increase brain upgrade cards.
  • edited May 2020
    @"Eris Lord Freedom" If you ever want to add a videos of Glitch page to the wiki, there's a playlist of 85! 

Also looking through a bunch of vids here's a list of all the ticket to paradise and race tickets:
    Ticket to Paradise Cards (considered a quest and you can activate up to 11 of them per glitch day):
    radial heights (working)
    mountain scaling
    abysmal thrill
    cloud rings
    cloud fight 
    arbor hollow
    starlit night (working)
    beam me down
    slip n slide
    bippity bop
    sky plunge

Race Tickets:
    The Amazing Race
    Canyon Run
    Crystal Climb
    Grab 'em Good
    The Great Hog Haul
    Lava Leap
    Space Race
    Star Sprint
    Time Warp

And some of the late added puzzles, some of them might have been quests:
    mental block and mental block 2
    picto pattern
    Le Miserable (could reminisce with a street vendor)
    Color Unblocking quest

And here is Cleops' giant archive of everything: https://mega.nz/folder/0qBDTY5K#CtJiRrbDJ8b0iaums8hyDg
  • edited October 2019
    Everything the butler says:

Remember, your glitchiness: you can press 'i' any time to go into Info Mode. You can find out nearly everything that way! With one letter! Astounding!

If you like to zoom (in or out), try using the  '+' and '-'. Keys. Zoom! Zoom zoom! Amazing.

Ma'amsir, I wonder if you have perused the Snaps page lately? People often take pictures of new things in the world, so have a look to find out what's going on.

Excuse me, your glitchiness. I found a list of useful links that I thought might come in handy if you ever need more assistance than I can give you. They are: Encyclopedia, Forums, Glitch Remote, Glitch Strategy, Glitch Housing Routes & Directory. 

Do you like pressing keys, madamsir? Might I suggest pressing and holding '?' then? It will give you a lovely set of hotkeys to enjoy.

If you ever want to know what date it is - if such things are important to you - look at the calendar by clicking the time in the top right, then the calendar icon. Ta-da!

If I might beg your indulgence, have you noticed that if you pick up a quoin near another player, they get a bit of the quoin too? This works in a chain reaction with many players. I recommend it. (Excuse me if I am teaching my grandmother to shard quoins.)

Found a bug in the game? Click on the little bug icon in the upper right of your screen. The devs will appreciate it, and it's nice to be helpful (I should know, I'm a butler).

Have you heard of the Jethimadh Tower? I hear on the buttlevine that the ghost who haunts it - Gwendolyn, I believe? - has much of interest to show you...

Gwendolyn's story makes me shed salty eye-fluff every time I hear of it. I'd tell you the story myself, but she tells it far better. Oh, how I wish I could go to Jethimadh Tower to hear it with my own clothy ear-holes...

You are awesome!

*Discreet throat clearance* sirmadam, while I have always admired your dapper appearance, a change of look does one the power of good. Might I recommend a trip to Wardrobe or Vanity? Clicking on the picture of your avatar in the top left corner of your screen will take you there.

Press 'c' any time to go into Camera Mode. Please do, I do so love looking at snapshots... (And you can also use Camera Mode to look around the level!)

I say, captain: Did you see (playername's) new Tower yet

Yaawn.

Today is the best day ever!

Do dee da da, shaba do dee da da dee da doo

:-) :-) :-)

I can't decide which Giant is my favorite.

Oops, my stuffing is all bunched up.

Goodness Gracious, madamsir! Have you noticed that you're only about 44,000 iMG away from Level 42?!? Oh to be the butler of a Level 42 Glitch! I will be the toast of the buttling community! I cannot wait!

And as Cassandria mentioned, players imagination dates. Here's the wording:
    My buttling diary informs me that (player name) was imagined into Ur 1 years ago today. Would madamsir like to visit them and leave something? A gift in the mail is also quite the done thing nowadays.

UPDATE: Here's all the IM chat ones that I found so far:

I've sent you an IM. Check your chat windows!

braains

(in chat IM):

At your service! You can type 'help' for hints about what I can do!

What would you like help with? Commands: 'come here' (c), 'go away' (g), 'step back' (s), 'dance' (d), 'jump' (j), or 'zombie' (z).

Bonjour! What shall I do for you? You can type 'help' for hints about what I can do!

Excuse me? I'm not sure I understand that.

Sorry? I think I may have misunderstood what you just said.

Hrm. I don't think that's something I can help you with.

I'm very sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying.

Oh, I think I must be confused. Try again?

I'm sorry, I don't know what you're asking me

I'm sorry, I can't help you with that.

I'm not sure I understood you. Perhaps I need a nap?

I can't right now.

Ok, I'm walking away.

Give me a second.

Sorry, I can't step back right now.

If I can, I will step backwards when you say 'step back' or 's'. Wait a second and then try again.

Ok, I'm walking away.I am stepping back. I will do this any time you say 'step back' or 's'.

Oh, sorry. I can't right now.

Boing! 

I don't feel like jumping right now.

Not right now.

I wish I could hug you.

I love you too.

Hi.

See you later.

Why not?

I prefer to be called Richard

Well, my stuffing must be loose. What did you need again?

• I don't know the exact phrasing, but my butler also reminds me of days when my friends were imagined into Ur and suggests I might like to help them celebrate.

This has appeared so rarely in Alpha that I had forgotten until it appeared a while ago.
  • Bump! Account creation has been re-enabled! Please feel free to sign up and lend a hand. Use the wayback machine to check the old glitch-strategy.com site for the information to fill in the pages! 
  • Hi hi!  This is exciting!

Also, I'm trying to confirm my email address and a confirmation code hasn't been sent after a few hours of waiting and resending.  Is it possible there's a bug there?  I promised I checked all my folders and filters first.
  • Never mind- they both just came through!
  • @ladyceres not sure if you've seen it yet, but a bunch of  spam/bot accounts just got created on the wiki.  If there's anything I can do to  help, let me know!
  • @nubbins - yes, Eris Lord Freedom told me yesterday and I was too tired to do anything about it, but I managed to take care of it tonight. Account creation will require answering a Glitch-related question. It should prevent automated account creation. If people who want to spam us feel inclined to look up the answers to the questions, we'll cross that bridge later!
  • Haha, now that would be dedication. Catch 22, the better our wiki is, the easier for bots to come in and mess it up. Lol.

Also, hope you're feeling better!
  • @ladyceres @"Eris Lord Freedom" currently the wiki site is down. Says 500 error.
  • I can't look at it until I get home from work because I don't have the control panel info saved on this computer.
  • In fact, a lack of commas can take down the whole wiki, instead of just, say, not loading the plugin config that was lacking the stupid comma. 
  • The wiki was partially recreated from a very old archive, and we've added some later content from the Wayback machine and other sources. But there are definitely gaps, including most of the new recipes released near the end days.

I've added the Rook Museum page and included the transcript, since it doesn't seem to be useful to split it into a separate page. (I guess it was to avoid spoilers? But this is less of an issue now.)
  • Some more info from old site and new info to go into wiki. The Community Garden page which was here: https://web.archive.org/web/20111209020654/http://www.glitch-strategy.com/wiki/Community_Garden

All Community Crop Gardens:

Mmumawwa Wala in Vantalu

Veldt Balm in Lida

Egret Taun basement Besara

Kipacre Greens Groddle Meadow

Middle Arbor Groddle Forrest

Community Gardens in Groddle Heights

Community Herb Gardens: 
    • Shimla Mirch Herb Gardens
    • ▪ Chakra Phool Herb Gardens
    • ▪ Jethimadh Herb Gardens
  • There is a quest missing from the wiki, but I'm not sure of it's name. When you first donate to a shrine you get a quest to donate to each shrine, and they each tell you about the giant associated with the shrine. 
  • @"Eris Lord Freedom" Did something get broken in the wiki site structure? I just tried to join, but it said I hadn't filled in the captcha; any captcha there was never made it to me.
  • It does look rather broken. I will take a look at it (probably need a software update) when I'm back on my home laptop later.
  • @"Galaxy Dynamite" - should be fixed now. the Captcha is not an image, btw...it's a silly question field. Just in case that was throwing you off. However, I can believe the plugin might have broken because the software was outdated. There were some other CSS issues with the page that are now better since updating the wiki software. 
  • @ladyceres Thanks for that! I've been meaning to get around to contributing to the wiki for a while.
  • …aaannndd it’s gone!
  • Wiki is still up: https://glitchen.org/w/index.php?title=Glitch_Wiki

But there's problems. And I may have lost my login info.