The chronicles of Alpha Testing

Comments

• edited November 2015
  • I got beared, too, @1padme! I have no idea who did it, but my whole street that I use as my "home" has been all beared up like those. LoL
  • Eh, it's not the most unbearable thing that could happen.
  • I got beared too, several hours after I announced taking Sliding Skimmers as my temp home street. :)
  • I got beared too! Yay! image
  • I totally thought it was Scarlett! The search continues....
  • Eye Spy "Ayn Rand"....

I've also been "Beared". :^)
  • @bearbear approves of this trend.
  • I can't wait to go to one of my favorite mining caves...Neva Neva. There is where I spent my last day of Ur back on the old game.
  • Wait wait wait. Hold everything. That last photo has the actual, real @"Scarlett Bearsdale" in it! Looking just like I remember her! She doesn't look like one of the random tester templates anymore! Is there...Wardrobe and Vanity now?

(I know I've seen photos of devs who look like themselves, but I don't think I've seen any other familiar-looking alphas yet. If this has been a thing for a while, I apologize. I might not have noticed other testers who look like themselves, because I didn't hang out with you in Glitch at all.)
  • @Bexley - you are a good spotter! It's a side effect of joining the QA team! It is certainly nice to be me again - I can't wait for everyone to be able to do so. Unfortunately Wardrobe and Vanity aren't updated yet but I know the devs are working on it!
  • edited November 2015
    So, recently @zoom.b mentioned that there are three jars in Koulato Cluster that light up with fireflies when you jump by them. I had noticed them a few months ago but couldn't remember if they were new near the end of of the world or I just didn't notice them in the before-times. People only had vague memories of what they did and we had an impromptu testing party last night to see if they worked and what they did! Here's @jennyanydots and I playing while we wait for @gabi to get there so we can make them all light up at once:

And here's after! They turned into full firefly jars, which is very exciting for us because a) the neat thing works, and b) we can light pumpkins for next Zillowe'en!

Unfortunately I didn't get any "before" pictures and the jars have not yet respawned (they sort of disappeared after turning into baggable jars.) It is nice that even though no real changes have yet been made to the game there are still new experiences for me to have in game!
  • @"scarlett bearsdale" - why does @jennyanydots look so tiny in the first screencap while you're jumping?
  • @bearbear She used a disembiggening potion! I had just rembiggened.
  • There are so many things I've forgotten. I'm like the sad version of Up where Carl gets dementia and forgets all about Ellie. What year is it? Who's the president? Why are there so many balloons in here?
  • Groddle_Forest_Junction_2015_11_24-21_04_24

More bearspam! Plus whortleberries & jellisac in the trees of Groddle Forest Junction.
  • Asking again if anyone has screenshot requests?

(I'm going to try to stop by a few regions regardless, because I love them.)
  • edited November 2015
    @Kyleri - thanks for posting...I have a snap, but didn't upload it yet.

@Seeen - just take pictures of what you like. I'm sure if people had requests they'd have posted them by now, but it is kind of you to keep asking. General rule of thumb, if it's something new (especially after an update), post it. If it's something you find interesting, odd, funny or cute, post it. Someone will appreciate the pictures no matter what.

@"Scarlet Bearsdale" - I knew they lit up, but had no idea they turned into full firefly jars...very cool find.

And thanks to who ever also 'beared' my temp homestreet. One of these days, I'll get some of my pictures uploaded to share...

Happy Thanksgiving to all the US Glitchen.
  • Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Just some fond memories from the ones I am thankful for and the things I am daily thankful for now.

image We Knew they grew on trees! ;)

home sweet home

• edited December 2015
    Yes, hello, I have images.

Of course, my first snap is a landscape photograph.

I found a little abandoned minipicnic in the woods! Why, could it be linked to the bears appearing everywhere? Could it be... the Teddy Bear Picnic?

Just playing Hide and Seek with a Street Spirit, who has cleverly disguised itself as a flower. But I'm on to its tricks. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you also, because I don't like taking responsibility.

Another landscape image of the greyscale region of Brillah. In retrospect, this snap would be less somber if I had revived the tree before taking the snap.

The rocks in the lower-right side of the snap were so eager to be a part of the picture that they blocked me out.

Here I am joined by my trusty chicken ally as we venture to the Zoot Chu—the Great Hole to Ix. (My trusty chicken ally betrayed me and didn't come down with me. Some trusty chicken ally it was.)

And here you can see me having fun with Spinach's strange properties. Just kidding. You can't see me. You cannot see my fun with Spinach. You cannot see me using it in a magical way that Popeye never dreamed of. Also, I played with the filters.
  • The comment about the street spirit disguised as a flower made my evening. Thanks. :)
  • Our awesome devs have done it again and gave us back "new" places to visit! see if you guess where (and how) is zoom...

it was a long journey to get here :-)

the hot barkeep buddy is back
    with his peculiar sense of humor

And we can do our old stunts again!

Welcome back to HELL !!!

• edited December 2015
    Also, some of us stumbled onto a feature that wasn't intended to be added quite yet...so, while it is very very glitchy, some of us are having fun with it (until it breaks something major and they tell us to stop)...initially trying to enter from the IMG menu throws an error and you have to reload, but when you are persistent (or bull-headed) and try again, you can get in...

Recognize this screen?! I was so excited, but wasn't sure what we'd actually see since they weren't mentioned for the latest update, but since they are instanced locations, I was hopeful...

However, when we arrived, we got the default 'instance location'...isn't it still adorable? I hope the devs eventually make this a street we can regularly go to...

Oddly, a building appeared off to the side...whoa! Could it be?! OMG, OMG, OMG!!!

So, cool...we can modify it!! (but we still can't enter it) And look who's back! And he "levitates"...lol...

I kept bouncing back and forth from Ur to my 'homestreet'...and then a box appeared!

And they are configurable...mine is currently named SUP girl...

So...while it wasn't intended for us to have homestreets quite yet...some aspects of them are already working in an odd glitchy manner. It shouldn't be too much longer until we have fully functioning ones...it really does want to work as a real homestreet, but with the current default street template many of the features can't be activated yet. For example, we get the option to 'cultivate' and 'expand' but if you do try to do them, nothing seems to happen (it may in the code, but we can't interface with the changes). None of the backgrounds are working yet, and they throw an error if you try to open the menu for them. However, you can drop gnomes there (and make them say cheeky things). I suspect that the various animal feeders may work on the 'fake' home streets too, but haven't gotten my skill levels high enough yet to try it out. We don't have signposts yet, so we can't visit each other either. It basically is a personal storage space for now.

However, this "unexpected" progress was quite encouraging to those of us that really really miss our homestreets.

(ETA: And yes, they already told us to stop visiting 'home' because it is causing some major issues right now...however, it was fun while it lasted, and hopefully in a release "soon", they will have it working as it should be.)
  • YAY! for a house ! This post made me so happy! ;)
  • Hahaha!!! Love the homestreet storage space!
  • :D the home streets how i miss them ^.^
  • edited December 2015
    Okay, so this is an old picture from 12/5 before they told us to stop going to the fake homestreets (it was causing some issues)...but finally getting around to posting it...

Thought I'd make a 'tree' of gnomes and have them all say various holiday greetings...unfortunately on the fake homestreets, you couldn't run in front of them gnomes to get them to pop up their messages, but I was able to get at least one to show his message...(and you can also see that we could change the houses compared to the previous pictures posted)...
    Sadly, the gnomes, Rocky, and my butler have now been abandoned...*sniff*...feeling rather neglectful, but trying to be a good do-bee tester and not go back...

Had a funny incident today with the Rube...he decided to materialize on one of the ledges on my temp home street...though for Glitchmas, maybe it's Rube on a Ledge rather than the Elf on the Shelf...(oh, and yes, you can see I got "lipped"...while were were all "beared" before...someone left my street full of lips (that I cleaned up a bit)...reminds me of a Veggie Tales song - "I Love My Lips") ;)

[And yes, this round, I've started to hold out for more wardrobe options before I change my little grey muppet...might be a while, but I just can't look like someone else anymore at this point, so I'd rather just be the default starter muppet.]
  • *waits patiently , rocking back and forth on my toes for a new chronicle *
  • edited January 2016
    I found this odd chicken the other day standing on a metal rock ... Quite happy up there and did not want to move.

And I have been placing some gardens in people's temporary home streets on request so we can grow more herbs and crops for our various projects. Sometimes I don't quite get the placement right ...

We haven't been having parties on quite as regular a basis recently but we did have a Hell Party the other week. Too bad it's hard to take great snaps in hell due to the colours, but I did get a few...

Found some things in Naraka I hadn't known or had forgotten:

Some things I wish I had stayed forgotten:

Do you remember the tomato street?

And we all remember this guy! He knows I'm just joking around ... I think:
  • Thanks for posting some pix @"Scarlett Bearsdale" ~ was thinking it had been a while...and that we definitely needed to highlight the awesome gardens you have been providing to all of us!! I thought I had a few new pictures, but either my memory is getting faulty or I downloaded them on my other computer....argh! Hoping some of the new Alphateers will post some highlights too! Always nice to see the new folks posting their thoughts and pictures of their experiences from a fresh perspective.