The chronicles of Alpha Testing

Comments

• The food in Glitch always looked so tasty. It made me want to make amazing foods in real life. (Check it out @"Mr. Jupiter"!!)
  • Wait, why are they high energy now?
  • edited September 2015
    @Seeen right before Glitch closed, TS released a bunch of new recipes, some of which changed the existing recipes. (For example, Legumes Abbasidiennes made from 17 beans was introduced, and most of the recipes that used beans, like Awesome Stew, were changed to require LA instead.) Those changes to existing recipes generally also changed their value. Other recipes were just updated and became higher value, like Flummery, which went from 99 energy to 229, based on the complexity and ingredient value for the new recipe. There is an overview of the changes (although at least one of the recipes given is incorrect, for the Precious Potato Salad) here.

The upshot is that if you spent a lot of time cooking, and not a lot of time cooking right at the very end, you will find many of the recipes quite different. But the changes are growing on me!
  • Ahhhh I miss it so much! And I miss my cubimals. *sad face* Thanks so much for these awesome pictures, you guys.
  • I'd forgotten just how pretty (as well as fun) Kloro was:
    (Laccaria Quadrata)
  • edited September 2015
    Sadly, this door in Russula Involutii in Haoma doesn't work yet. Soon, I hope.
  • Making our own fun during last week's play date in Dobak Fathom; how many alphas does it take to climb a ladder? image
  • The giants haven't decided how much to imagine in any one location yet:
    two street spirits in Kaavin Kit
  • Aww, it's awesome that you all actually got together and partied for a while!
  • edited September 2015
    Speaking of parties ... we went to Mazza'la Gala this week! We had a lot of fun!

First playing with potions (I love bite-sized me!):

And battling cubimals:

Then we'd all had enough purple to stand around and critique the decorating:

And then the charades were broken out:

And finally we ended up in the closet/champagne room for the rest of the party:

See you next week!
  • So Much Fun To Be Had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I am SOOOOOO excited to play again when it is ready!
  • Seeing all the quoin lands makes me hopeful that leveling will be a tad bit easier than when I first started playing. :D
  • Since we didn't really have a "party" night this week, here's some other stuff from before.

Last week's party had tiny visitors.

Sloths are writing on their walls!

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe...prime window seating still available.

I may make this my desktop image.

Still discovering hidden places.
  • Ohhhhhhh.............. I found that too! Where does it go?
  • sometimes these photos make me so happy and so homesick. my extreme need to be in ur is palpable and palatable at the same time. i multitask when i miss glitch :(
  • *creeps in quietly* Hello Glitchen! I was idly vanity-searching 'Theremina Lute' this afternoon; I found the mention of my music on the first page of this thread and was really touched by it. I hadn't realised eleven was going so brilliantly! So exciting.

I actually have a new Glitch song in the making, which you have inspired me to work on again. Hopefully I'll get it out on Soundcloud soon. I have a couple of rhymes in the lyrics I'm still missing!

Emobear hugs to all. Thank you for reminding me of Glitch. I hope I can visit eleven some time soon. TL xx
  • edited October 2015
    Noticed that it's been a while since any of us have posted...we just had a pretty big update for the devs (a foundational one for stability rather than one introducing new things), and we've all been pretty busy with dealing with all the reporting that goes with that type of update. Sometimes it's hard to find new stuff to take pictures of to share. And I think RL has many of us busy too. I hear the parties continue, but I've not been in game for them recently due to my RL schedule. Don't know if others have some pictures to share of those.

For some reason, my Glitch continues to like to stare down the various vendors in game...so, here's a yet another picture of that...(I don't know why, but it makes me giggle when I see it)
  • edited October 2015
    I've got a few stored up in my back pocket ...
    I was delighted to find I could stand on these rocks in Niske Kook. I often want to and there are no plat lines there. This street would be generally great for a game of the Floor is Lava. Plus how great is that palette of colours in this snap?

Here's a snap from one of our Thursday Night Parties, this time LadyCeres took us to Pitchen Lilliput (see her flying through the air at the top of the second snap, not headless IRL at all):
    I hadn't been to Pitchen Lilliput in so long! It was fun rediscovering all the adorable little touches. This snap is great out of context because who's huge? Who's tiny?

Here is @jennyanydots trying out a new look on another Thursday night event:

@Saraphim has locally pioneered the use of these Embiggening/Disembiggening potion gauntlets. The final whoosh from the rainbow potion is quite a rush!

I snuck back into Mazza'la Gala to make a memorial shrine for my fallen cubimal, a level 7 Hell's Bartender named Sartre.

It's not all fun and games in here. But we do have fun!
  • Wow, that's some back pocket @"Scarlett Bearsdale"!! Awesome pictures. I must get in one night for the party to run that gauntlet.
  • That embiggening and disembiggening gauntlet looks like fun!
  • Alpha testing has been a bit different than I expected. I have come across exactly two other players in the time I've been testing (which, granted, isn't long)! It's a lot of doing stuff and hoping that the game doesn't break, but of course knowing that it totally might break. It'll break. Then you get to report said breakage and hope it's useful information. But it's awesome being able to try and help out.

So far, seeing The Rube for the first time (which I will admit almost brought a tear to my eye) has been my favorite thing.
    Screenshot 2015-11-06 at 10.12.30 PM
  • edited November 2015
    We had a couple of quietUr parties this week, but both were still great fun. I really love the charades potions as a way to bring a party together. I've got some ideas about new party potions percolating in the cauldron of my mind!

On Thursday, we checked out the party location Aquarius - none of us had visited there before. It's beeeyoutiful!
    We had some fun chatting and playing charades - some of the games got really funny:
    This is a nice location for sharding! I like it better than the trampoline areas because I'm more into precision and control, which the buoyancy in the underwater areas really permits.
    And this location also has a lot of fun, small places to stand, strangely important in a party spot:

And Friday we went to Winter Wingding, a longtime favourite of mine! I like to decorate the trees! In addition to more charades, we leveled up some cubis battling in the trees ....
    ... and then set up the best rainbow gauntlet yet! This was a great spot for it.

Anyway, small but fun parties, thanks to everyone who was able to make it out.
  • As of yet, we don't have housing or our beloved storage boxes.............old habits die hard. >.< https://www.glitchthegame.com/forum/general/15173/

My poor "adopted home" street is getting a little laggy......

• It's its own server load test!
  • LOL Big Lobe!
  • @EiraFae, that vendor has places to go, apparently!
  • @imberis he's outta here!
  • Hey, so, I really want to post some screenshots, but... I never really take any. Yyyep.

See, I don't have any real direction in the world so far—I'm mostly happy just wandering around and taking note of anything out of place that I see—so I need some sort of objective. So, if anyone has requests for locations they'd like some snaps of, let me know and I'll see what I can do.