The chronicles of Alpha Testing

Comments

• Many great shots! So so so glad you all are pushing through for us. It's a true gift. I loved the shot where a bunch of you spelled out Alphabear! Looks like you're having fun :)
  • omg. so. beautiful. .... *single tear*
  • I can see my house from here!
  • In which I find alternative headgear somewhat lacking.
    I MISS YOU STANLEY!
  • My first DNA-ja vu! It's Alph flavored.
  • edited August 2015
    "The guy in front of me keeps jumping in his chair. Can someone get him under control?"

• Ha, I love it when people are clever with their screenshots.
  • How many of you remember ... SEKRIT CAVE PARTEH!!!!
  • @"Scarlett Bearsdale" - I was so hoping you'd post that picture...I was fumbling with something and missed getting a snap of the Sekrit party. Oh, yes, I must post the pictures from the play date last week too...

Here's a few shots of our mining party from last Thursday.

We began in Dobak Fathom ~

Another mining group shot ~ (only two, since they all started to look a like - a bunch of us standing around a sparkly mining)

And Artemis, who couldn't join us, made us a huge feast / buffet!! Yummy!!
  • So, yesterday was Thursday and that means, play date pictures. This week we went back to a spelling party, but at the end, we had a special surprise from one of the devs...want to talk about a Sekrit Party Location...we got to play in one of those 'instanced' locations that we normally can't access yet. But I get ahead of myself.

A few of the spelling pictures...we always start out a bit slowly...

And we gain a little steam...

Then we get a bit more 'serious'...(I hope some that got screen captures with the sparkle powder will post since none of mine came out)

And we crescendo with a word that is near and dear...(even if not quite spelled right)...

We then wrapped up with a ghost we all know and love...

So, next post will show how the party got really crazy...
  • edited August 2015
    Well, the spelling party started winding down...we couldn't think of many more words to spell, and we got a bit distracted with other things like figuring out hangtimes...and then it happened....da...da...da...DA DA...@ladyceres got us into a place that can only be described as out of this Ur...

Things got a bit 'toxic' (and I'm not talking Brittany Spears style)...

Bouncing, mining, and dropping...Oh my!

Full street view...

Not sure what happened after I left...but the next day there was still some residual partying happening...

And someone apparently had shared their pickle(s) all over the place...

Looks like it was Cray Cray...and I hated to leave the location with all that great music...but alas I left so I could get back to 'testing'...but wow, that was such an awesome surprise! Stay tuned for more fun next week!

• TOXIC MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
  • I may have been seeing things this fine Saturday night:

...so I waited at the Bureaucratic Hall to get my poop in a group. (I waited FOREVER!)
  • Sigh, I would pay just for that moon party, I miss bouncing so much.
  • ono! missed the moon party! looks like fun though :)
  • I'm waiting in the bureaucratic hall right now! Waiting for an alpha license :)
  • edited September 2015
    Another Thursday night, another party! This time we met in Lotha Harte to battle cubimals!! With gumption and panache (but no wile, no one has unlocked wile yet) they whittled their opponents' egos down to size.

Here's my Hell's Bartender cubi, Sartre, givin'er:

Later some potions got poured, and tiny me wanted to join in the fun:

By the end of the evening, Sartre and I had advanced to Level 7! Still no wile though. I'm thinking maybe it is unlocked at at level 11.

Thanks as always to everyone who came out! This was super fun and silly.
  • It was great fun. Didn't last long, but fun!
  • praise to the eleven! I can't wait to have this world back. Its been so long ur. Its been so long
  • to all my dear glitchens...

• Zoom.b, Great Job figuring out how to "Drop" carved pumpkins someplace other than your Home Street!!!!!
  • Great picture @zoom.b - look forward to when we are able to light them!
  • Seeing these pictures does my heart so good. I hope I get to play again someday :)
  • edited September 2015
    So, we recently had Zilloween...here's a few more pictures...

Liathea's been stuck in world for a while...so needed to share the Zilloween spirit with her...

Clearly we all wanted to share the event with the local celebrity - the stoot doll in the Gregarious Grange Bureaucroc Hall...

Sadly, all good things come to an end...
  • Super Cool Cubimal Art...on one of the Alphateer's Temp Home Streets...
  • I'm sooooooo homesick.........
  • In the spirit of jumping ....

I don't think I had jumped off that particular mountain before! Also taking this full snap showed me a few quoins lurking where they were hidden behind the mini map before - score!
  • oh. mah. gawd. Becky, look at her BUTT.

• edited September 2015
    Sometimes on our party nights, we get distracted from our ostensible purpose and just stand around goofing off. Just like old times!!
    Here, we discover than an old "glitch" still works - looks like Jenny and pibkac are invisible!

And here Uncle Friendly tells me I ain't leaving until I finish paying for those 700 tomatoes I purchased:
  • edited September 2015
    I've spent the past few week cooking and exploring the new recipes I didn't get a chance to cook before.
    I'm not 100% settled on this, but I think that Heston Mash is the new Tasty Pasta. You heard it here first, probably.

Anyway, here's my bag with meals and drinks!

From the left, they are:
    (stacks to 10)
    Potian Feast, 1000 energy
    Precious Potato Salad, 860 energy
    Luxury Tortellini, 758 energy
    Heston Mash, 576 energy
    Hungry Nachos (so good!) 508 energy
    Swank Zucchini Loaves, 441 energy
    (stacks to 20, not full stacks
    Pad Tii (also lots of fun) 392 energy
    Maburger Royale, 350 energy
    Tasty Pasta, 338 energy
    Awesome Stew 268 energy
    Pottine, 267 energy

The only one missing that I want to include is the Kind BreakfURst Burrito, 292 energy. There are a bunch of other dishes that are now high energy, like Chilly-Busting Chili (349 energy) but they're not to my taste ;)