The chronicles of Alpha Testing

Comments

• Haraiva will always be my home <3
  • I'm still waiting on a white sandy beach with pastel buildings and lots of shells and water for my home @Artemis...someday...
  • Eeeee yay, thank you for the pictures @b3achy!
  • edited August 2015
    Can't remember if we already posted some of these, but thought I'd post a couple snaps of the loading screen...

(always loved the 'loading dinosaur butts' screen for some reason)

(almost there...)

Best viewed while playing the "Loading" music from here:
    http://c1.glitch.bz/misc/2012-11-06/loading.mp3

The first time you see this and hear the music as a tester will about bring a tear to your eye and put a lump in your throat because you know, it's really coming back...still gets me a little choked up when I'm having a nostalgic day.
  • Huh, I guess I've never been to Brillah! I didn't know there was a greyscale region.
  • edited August 2015
    More of the “Frankentrant” -as @"Eris Lord Freedom" puts it. *:)

◒‿◒

Cherrybean

Cherrywood

Spicygnas... Spicigaus... [plus] Heli Kitties! ♥

~*~

Returning to Cebarkul... was a tad emotional; plus very lonely, too! ಠ,ಥ

Running into twin Alphateer @Faereluth [plus] Piglet *:-)

Brillah, for @seeen *:)

~*~
    The picture of loneliness... ◕︵◕ in Ur

misc

~*~
    &
    Just for fun:
    **Can you figure out what street this is?** ◕‿◕

{OR}

◒‿◒
    **????** Hmm... *:)
  • edited August 2015
    @Smallchalet - I wish I could love separately for every picture posted! These are great! I can only name 15 of the 18 items in the last photo...gah! I think you've stumbled on an interesting new thread though...name the location or name the item...and the player that can name the area or list of items first gets...um, er... bragging rights... :)

ETA: I think I have at least two of the other three finally...there is still one that has me scratching my head. I have two possible answers, but the more I look at it, I think I'm wrong on both counts. Fun game!

EETA: I actually had one of the 14 wrong when I peeked at @Seeen's picture...hmmm, and I just got into the game and realized I had another wrong...OMG, this is a great game! I love things that aren't too easy!
  • lol! Awesome :) Thanks, @b3achy. And, great idea! - I do remember a thread in Glitch forums, that had us hunting down street locations - so much fun! *:D I was thinking that for whomever can name the location or list the items first - the PRIZE is an iou!... Until the game is ready, and open for ALL; something to be sent via mail / AFLC Frog *:DD
    Gah, can't wait for all of that jazz... mini games, group projects and player run activities & contests via forums... remember @axton's lottery contest to win cubimal boxes?! That was definitely one of my favorites. *:)
  • edited August 2015
    Omg @seeen! I love it! And I can tell you now - your current score is 11! Such a wonderful number!! *:)
  • edited August 2015
    A couple of fun pictures...

I didn't realize the firefly jars in Ur would light up if you got near them. The others, I had to jump to get to light, but this one, I could just stand next to it and you could see the fireflies...

Okay, so I was trying to see if I could get to some of the hidden locations, and I got into the Forgotten Floor. Well, it had a GoC pod, so I had to try it out...sadly, it won't let us in the game yet, probably since it is an instanced location (which aren't implemented yet). But I got this cool picture out of trying...
  • edited August 2015
    For those wondering what it will be like when you get into the game...here's some pictures of being 'reset' and some of the first screens you will probably see (though YMMV). Going to make these pictures a bit smaller, since there will be quite a few of them.

Starting over...

Starter skills...

My first skill to learn...

My first discovery...

Woot, level 2 screen!

We currently have some beginner quests that can't be done without the tester tool because of instanced locations.

First earned achievement!

Our first quests that can be completed...(after using the tester tool to do the others )

We only have about 10 looks to choose from...but they are all awesome looks...(and some are the old Glitch devs' looks)

And finally, remember than an energy tank upgrade will automatically reload your energy and mood tanks (so save purchasing them for when you need a refill and don't have a lot of food or drink yet)...
  • edited August 2015
    "Wow Artemis, look at you having a clean quest list." Yeah it's not like I just spawned in... haha I'm always neat...

• *Picture frantic woman with her nose against the glass, tapping it with both hands* (dating myself) *Chanting... Open, Open, Open!*
  • File under things I never noticed. These beautiful flowers!! I'm thinking of moving home streets just for the flower.

• In an attempt to cook enough food incase everyone needs to just randomly stop by my temp home street, I attempted to maximize productivity and ended up with a crazy looking screen and a grumpy Artemis head staring down at it.

• Its so lovely to see all these photos ,brings back such happy memories ,great to see the achievements are there too ,they kept me interested for ages trying to get all those done,Looking good
  • Anyone up for a Purple Trip?

Last week, we had a spelling party...I think this sort of says it all...

(More play date pictures to be posted at a future date...like maybe tomorrow...)
  • I know I'm jonesing hard when I'm cruising through the pictures and my brain is playing the appropriate sounds for each. Thank you for posting all of these to help keep the memories fresh. :)
  • I have absolutely too many screenshots to keep track of.. But i'll try to post some soon!
  • anyone interested in some coin collecting??

• edited August 2015
    So, some of us have been trying for the past couple of weeks to have a regularly scheduled play date. First, to have some fun socially, since Ur is pretty big with so few Alphateers. Also, to get us to log on at the same time since we're all in different time zones. And finally, to help the devs test the system / servers for stability issues.

Our first play date was last week on Thursday (11pm Eastern), and we gathered together to have some spelling fun. We had a great turn out of about 12 -13 Alphateers and Devs. However, with that many people on one street, we truly tested the system, since we were often getting thrown out of the game. The servers seemed to remain pretty resilient (at least from a tester point of view). It was pretty cool though, because I've never seen so many players as happy to be kicked out of the game as to just play in the game. I guess when we finally get a chance to break things, the Alphateers realize we're that much closer to getting the game open for more of our friends and soon to be friends to play since it helps the devs identify areas that need to be fixed or improved. But enough explanation...I'm sure you'd rather see the pictures of some of the words we formed during our play date...

While waiting on others to get in the game...our first word...

And a few more have joined...prepping for more organized spelling to come...

Finally, a word we all hold dear to our hearts...

Still can't get there, but we can spell it...

Who we are...

Shout out to Kukubee's newest game...(I personally love the Emo bears on the sides)

Sometimes you can't quite get the letters you need to be able to spell what you want to say...so you come up with other words instead...(finished product noted in previous posting)

We were really trying to get "HoverCat", the name of the heli kitty that was there with us...so close...

At this point, we had played for about an hour and half (with lots of reloads), so it was time for me to punch out for the night. We had a ton of fun. When I logged in the next day, I saw one last hold out...

What did we do this past Thursday, you ask? Well, I'll share those pictures in a future post... :)
  • edited August 2015
    and... after a litlle incident cleaning some troubled items on a street that is also the "home" of one cute alpha (that for some misterious reason/incident lost all the stuff stashed there after the "repair") the Dev in charge of the cleaning decided to left some goodies instead, check if you can identify them, I can help with the first one:

• edited August 2015
    Well, sometimes even the Alphateers can't play...and we get to see the dreaded sign...you know the one...

So, instead of perpetually hitting the F5 key, I will take some time to share some more pictures...

With only 10 looks to choose from right now, sometimes you run into your Doppelganger...

Standing on the vendor, hoping he'll give me a better deal...

With the last update, it's much easier to die since they fixed one of the bugs that was giving us auto-metabolics refills. Sure enough...I died while working in the herb garden:

Got revived by one the devs, so I was able to 'celebrate' myself...cool, I got flowers (and a wine of the dead voucher) :)

Okay, back to that F5 key...F5, F5, F5, F5, F5....
  • Oh I forgot to pick up a bag of flowers I left at the herb garden!! Dang it!! But I did pick up all the food I could find!
  • Maybe if I press F5 over and over again I can get into the mindset of an Alphateer and get to become one?

It's like, a zen thing, right?
  • I wanna go swimmin SO SO BAD
  • Did someone say swimming?
    swimmin

I can see youuu
    peekin
  • guess who i caught waiting patiently in the bureaucratic hall?
    waiting
  • Oh sighhhhhhh,so many happy times to remember especially the purpleness ,the dying ,the herbs ..................... can't wait till they need more testers ............