What are you snacking on :3

Comments

• cinnamon hearts... pounds and pounds of cinnamon hearts :D
  • @Frashy I love cinnamon hearts...oh, yea, that holiday is coming up...there should be tons in the stores right now...*scribbles on shopping list*

Just finished a pulled pork sandwich with mojo sauce, and sipping a glass of red wine...
  • Just ate a BBQ sauce burger with mashed potatoes. Trust me it's not as good as it sounds. (College food.)
  • A donut filled with apple custard, topped with oaty crumble. It's glorious.
  • Yet another glass of red wine...but at least it's from the same bottle as yesterday... ;)
  • Sorry for the double post...but...eating some sharp cheddar cheese and a glass of Merlot...was previously sipping on a glass of blended red wine (a bit light for my tastes), but needed the cheese to clean my palate before switching to this cheap Merlot... :)
  • Jordan Almonds. Handfuls of them. Someone ... please ... help me stop!
  • Stewards orange cream and some sunflower seeds. Very Yummy :D
  • More cheap Merlot (while trying to do an online class...definitely makes it less painful)
  • edited February 2015
    *brings out another bag of cinnamon hearts*
    *offers some to @b3achy*
  • @b3achy Ah yes. Having a piña colada while trying to do my chemistry lab report. Not good for enhancing thought processes, but good at making homework at least somewhat tolerable.
  • yogurt w/blueberries
  • Pistachios, grown locally. Nuttin' better.
  • @Frashy...Thanks!!! :D Keep forgetting to get some at the store! Though they are cheaper after VD.

@Justin - indeed...though I had a breakthrough in stats when I was drinking a beer while doing homework...first time I ever completed all the problems for the class...my prof approved and recommended I do it more often :D

Currently...reheated homemade french onion soup, some sharp white cheddar cheese (I know, it should be swiss with the soup), and of course, a glass of white wine (to continue my 'lush' entries)...have my feet propped up after icing them down...gah, had to wear some new heels today...hopeful, I can walk tomorrow...
  • Uh brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts and a bottle of water from a dorm water fountain. #College
  • I'm currently munchin' on some sesame snaps :)
  • Some chicken wings and rice
  • Reheated pizza and red wine...prepping for Val's Day...
  • Cookies out of a box. Living the high life ; )
  • Yoghurt.....

Ma ha!
  • Pizza and a Redd's Strawberry Ale
  • Long Weekend Snacks

apples
    Lemon wafer cookies
    Ferrero rocher
    ginger snaps
    queen annes
  • This requires a bit of an explanation.

I may have eaten jellisacs just now.

So, one of my hobbies is trying out different fruits I have never eaten before.
    I've encountered a lot of new favorites this way, though there are some disappointments and general meh experiences too.

Today I tried a kiwano, also known as horned melon.
    The taste was okay, kind of bland, in a banana-cucumber kind of way. Too many seeds that are hard to spit out...

Mostly because the fruit is full of little sacs. Jellisacs. The seeds are inside the jellisacs.
    I soon found myself feeling full and I have only eaten one half of the thing. I can attest this thing seems good going if you wanted to, say, gargle with jellisacs.

Not my favorite fruit by any stretch, but I don't hate it either. If I come across a recipe that calls for kiwano and I can get my hands on one again, I'll definitely think of trying it.

JELLISACS.
  • I've been on a kick of blackened turkey with sharp cheddar on butter bread sandwiches lately (they're easy to make in limited time before a long day at work). I discovered this soda called Zevia, which is sweentened with Stevia leaf extract, so I've been drinking soda again for the first time in years, something I frequently avoided due to all of the high fructose corn syrup. Black cherry is so good :3
  • edited March 2015
    @Sanotsuto That sounds amazing!! Can you pick up the blackened chicken at any supermarket? I usually don't go near the deli.
  • *hides the chocolate mess he's made*
  • Some left over pasta, cheese sticks, and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. Though I'm eyeballing the bag of gummy bears I just bought.
  • @Artemis, I typically only do Boar's Head brand deli meats since they're free from all the funky preservatives and fillers that accompany regular deli meats. They're typically stocked exclusively at Stop and Shop, and you will pay a little extra for the quality, but it's worth it in my opinion. The one I buy is turkey, but they may make a blackened chicken, too. It's smokey/cajun in taste, while being not overly spicy, making it a good daily food :P
  • Trail mix: Dark chocolate pieces, raw almonds, and craisins (dried cranberries). Yumbly in my tumbly, dewishwus *:)
  • edited March 2015
    Good info on Boar's Head @Sanotsuto - I had no idea they were funky preservative and filler free!

I just got back from my first paddleboard race (5K) and having some cheese sticks and a beer and water. In a little while, I'm anticipating a nap and suspect that when I wake up, I might not be able to move, so maybe I should get up and make sure I have some additional food and water within arm's length...